Sunday, January 6, 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone had a wonderful Winter Break! I also hope your children are well rested and ready to take on the rest of the year! I can't believe it's already halfway over. 😮

Exciting news for me that I'd like to share... Over the break, I was lucky enough to finally see a sloth in real life! Your child (as well as you, I'm sure) have heard about my obsession with sloths so it is highly likely that they will share the details with you after I tell them all about it! 😂




Anyways, enough about me!

What is your child learning this week?

Math: We are starting 10 more and 10 less than a number. We will be using manipulatives and hundreds charts. This can be a tricky concept for students!

Language Arts/Daily 5/Writing: The phonics focus this week will be long e digraphs. In Language Arts, we will be practicing concepts with New Years activities and activities using the book The Mitten. For writing, we will practice how to writing with how to build a snowman. We are continuing to do Daily 5 rotations.

Science/Social Studies: We will be going to the Science Lab this week to do a "Winter Walk" and scavenger hunt!

Important Dates:
- January 8: Papa John's Night. Come out and support our school!
- January 10: Report cards are sent home today.
- January 11: Science Fair Projects are due by 7:45am in the Learning Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment