Sunday, August 4, 2019

I hope everyone is well rested because it's time for a full week of school! :) 

After only 2 days in the classroom, I can already tell that I have such a sweet class! We have been doing activities to get to know each other and working on becoming familiar with rules and routines such as in the classroom, hallway, cafeteria, learning commons, and on the playground.

This upcoming week, we will assign classroom jobs, begin Daily 5, start talking about weather, practice Phonics, and visit the Science Lab and Learning Commons. As we dig deeper into the topic of weather, I encourage you to ask your child about the weather each day. Ask questions such as "What is the weather like today?" "What do you think the weather will be like tomorrow?"

A few things to know:
- Open House is on Thursday, August 8th at 5:00! I hope to see everyone there.
- Please provide a snack for your child each day. Our lunch time is relatively late and the students get pretty hungry throughout the morning!
- If there are transportation changes for your child that I need to be aware of, please provide a written note in your child's red take home folder or in their agenda. Please make sure to send their red take home folder and their agenda with them to school each day.
- Please return all paperwork as soon as possible.

I will be posting on my blog frequently throughout the year, so please continue to check my blog for updates and pictures. 

Please don't hesitant to email me with any questions or concerns at Corinne.Drolet@cobbk12.org. 

I'm looking forward to an awesome year! 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment