Monday, April 13, 2020


Good morning and happy Monday! :) I hope you all had a wonderful break from digital learning. Luckily the weather has been nice most of the time, so I hope you’ve been getting outside!

As some of you may have heard, Digital Learning is now only Monday-Thursday, so I will not be posting assignments on Fridays. I still plan to have a Zoom meeting with the class Fridays at 11:00 am.

Also, the 1st grade team has decided to start phonics this week to switch things up a little bit. I had sent an email about it saying that it was optional, so it still can be optional.  However, your students might enjoy practicing spelling words like they were used to doing during school.

*Reminder: Reading challenges are due by Wednesday, April 15. If your child completed the Spring Break reading challenge, please send me a picture.

Assignments for Monday, April 13th 
·       Reading: 15 minutes of reading on either Raz-Kids or Reading Eggs or read your favorite book and send a picture of you reading it. 
·       Spelling Words: shook, wood, could, stood, pull, should, couldn't, either, thought, they're 
·       Writing: Watch the Reading Rainbow on Rachenkas Eggs and complete the story map. After, design your own egg. 
 https://binged.it/2X4EEqy 
·       Math: Watch this video and then complete pages 661-666 in your math book. 
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/early-math/cc-early-math-geometry-topic/cc-early-math-composing-shapes/v/compose-shapes 

Message from Mrs. Nelson: 
Parents and students, I miss you!  I hope that you are reading and enjoying a lot of special times with your families.  Please join me on Tuesday and Thursdays at 10:30 am for live storytimes.  Click here for the links:https://tinyurl.com/rp2c64z

No comments:

Post a Comment